I have been doing Keto on and off for a few months. I can do a whole extra blog on why I found it good for me to use in my Low Carb Cycling. But for now, This post is to share my no/low carb replacement for tortilla/wrap options.
Side Note: this is my first attempt at sharing a video I created on YouTube. I am running on the basis that I should start somewhere so that I can get better! (Be gentle inter-world-Be gentle)
How To Make a Cheese Wrap Cheese Wrap
Macros! Macros! Macros! The video shows me making a “Large” Wrap using 2 servings of Pre-shredded Mozzarella cheese. Depending on your Macros and needs, you should use the amount of Cheese that best fits your daily goals.
2 weighted servings of cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan can be used)
Optional – you can add some seasoning to this layer. A scant amount will go a long way.
- Weigh your cheese serving (s) using a food scale (If you are counting Macros strictly)
- Lay your cheese on parchment paper in an even single layer. (You want very little to no overlap at this step.)
- Place the cheese and parchment paper in your microwave
- Depending on your microwave cook 45 – 60 seconds.
- Microwaves vary. You will have to find the time that what works best for your unit that gives you the desired result
* If you want a crispier texture out of the Mozzarella Wrap – add 10 seconds at a time until you yield your desired crisp
- Once cooked – you want to build your wrap fast so that its flexible enough for you to wrap as desired.
* a crispy wrap like Parmesan cheese has to be moved very fast or else you will get a complete crumble (still delicious tho)
Give it a try! Let me know what you think!